Image Map

Thursday, March 20, 2014

Before I talk about my favorite fitness app....Happy First Day of Spring! I don't know about you but I am looking forward to warmer weather!!! :) The snow has overstayed it's welcome here in the state of Indiana.
If you are starting your fitness journey, I highly suggest you stop what you are doing and download my favorite fitness app.
This app could be downloaded on any smartphone, iPad, or you can use it on your computer/laptop for FREE! When I began my fitness journey, a friend of mine told me to use this app to track calories going into my body as well as tracking my workouts. How can you lose weight if you don't know how much you are eating or how many calories you are burning. MyFitnessPal does everything.



  1. It will help you determine how many calories you should have for the day according to your goals. I am so impressed with how many foods are actually in the system like my favorite local restaurant, Cafe Patachou or my favorite multivitamin shake, Shakeology. 
  2. It has over 350 Exercises and/or you can enter your own calorie amounts from your heart rate monitor. I love my Polar FT4 heart rate monitor. 
  3. Together we are better! You can connect with friends and easily track and motivate each other.
  4. You can track your weight, measurements and view charts of your progress over time for motivation. I didn't realize I lost over 15lbs but went into the app and was like, HOLY COW BATMAN...I lost 20lbs. #InsertHappyDance
  5. My favorite feature of all...Barcode scanner-scan the barcode of a food and easily find its match in their database!! So basically, you have no excuse to find the foods you are eating. 
If this has helped you in anyway, I encourage you to share this post. I would love to hear your thoughts on MyFitnessPal. Add me as a friend..."racheltyson" so we can keep each other accountable. :) Cheers! Rachel

No comments :

Post a Comment